Where identifiable data is collected, Health at Work understands and will honour our obligation to handle and store this data in accordance with relevant legislation, primarily the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic).
Collection of Information
Any and all information collected from individuals during health assessments, online and paper based questionnaires, electronic or verbal format is subject to the company’s strict confidentiality requirements and is held in confidence by all participating health professionals and employees as authorised.
Also the company’s booking and enquiry forms and our website (www.healthatwork.net.au) including application form content and email addresses, will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, re-used, rented, loaned or otherwise disclosed to a third party, except where prior written permission is obtained from the individual who supplied the information and to whom the information refers.
Use and Disclosure
All information collected is solely for the use or the purpose for which the data was captured. The company believes the collection of such personal information is fair and lawful to enable the management of individual or organisational health risks as requested.
- Individual assessment findings are reported solely to the individual.
- Pre-employment assessments are reported to the employer concerned and marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to the nominated person at such company.
- Health information obtained through the online portal, paper based and online questionnaires are reported solely to the individual.
- Information obtained verbally, online or in writing through Health Coaching via telephone or face to face remains confidential and will be privileged information between the “Health Coach” and individual.
- Aggregated data for company reports have no reference to individual employees and include statistical data only. If an individual report is requested, then the requesting company will get written permission from all participants that such a report can be generated and supplied for future workplace management and enhancement.
The company is committed to information being complete, accurate and up-to-date. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure this through the company’s ongoing review and quality assurance program.
The data collected from individuals during health assessments, online and paper based questionnaires is entered into a specialised secure database. This software creates a permanent and evolving record of employees’ results, offering an opportunity for monitoring and measurement of changes in either the individual or population as a whole over time.
The company takes all reasonable steps to protect the personal and sensitive information it holds from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access modification or disclosure. The company operates a secure information technology environment with password protection and operational control and all our data is stored in Australia. All employees and contractors sign confidentiality agreements before commencing work.
Whilst all reasonable steps to protect information are undertaken to lower the risk of a data breach occurring, should a notifiable breach occur, the company will respond in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including a response plan and reporting obligations.